16 Jul Polarized Sunglasses
Most polarized sunglasses provide UV protection which is important to maintaining healthy eyesight. Yet, many people either do not wear sunglasses, or they wear ones that do not offer protection. The problem with this is that sunglasses that do not provide UV protection can actually cause more damage. That’s because they shade the eye, allowing for more UV rays to hit the pupil. Although our eyes are designed to respond to changes in brightness, too much can cause damage.
Over time, harmful effects of UV exposure can lead to macular degeneration and cataracts, both of which affect your vision. But what exactly are polarized sunglasses? They are sunglass lenses with a type of filter that blocks reflected light and helps reduce glare from water, snow, and glass. But keep in mind, you don’t want just any polarized sunglasses, you want ones that block 100% of all harmful UV rays.
Don’t take your eyesight for granted, wear UV protected polarized sunglasses.
What To Look For When Choosing Polarized Sunglasses
Just as we put on sunscreen to protect our skin, it’s critical that we protect our eyes from UV rays too. When looking for the right pair of polarized sunglasses whether prescription or not, here is what you should look for:
- Blocks 100% of all harmful UV rays
- The lenses should be broad spectrum protecting against both UVA and UVB
- Eliminates 99.9% of glare and reduces the impact of the sun’s brightness
- Blue light protection provides HEV reduction without removing the blues
- Lens colors for every condition
- Large, wraparound sunglasses that fit close to the head are most ideal
- The lenses should be scratch resistant, water and oil proof
PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV to reveal and enhance the world's true vivid colors in detail.
Maui Jim Polarized Sunglasses: The Best Protection For Your Eyes
Designed with your comfort in mind, Maui Jim’s, PolarizedPlus2® technology reduces the impact of the sun’s harsh glare while offering relief from a number of long-term health risks. With lens materials and colors for every condition, you get improved clarity, and crisp details—all while blocking glare and harmful UV.
PolarizedPlus2® Technology The Benefits:
- UV Protection: They block 100% of all harmful UV rays, protecting your eyes from damage and long-term health risks
- Eye Comfort & Glare: Maui Jim sunglasses are polarized and therefore eliminate 99.9% of glare
- Blue Light Protection: All Maui Jim lenses block 100% of all harmful UV rays, protecting your eyes from damage and long-term health risks
- Lens Protection: PolarizedPlus2® lenses provide a high level of scratch resistance and are also water and oil proof
Prescription Sunglass Options at Murata Eyecare
Being outside under the sun is one of life’s simple pleasures. But too much time in the sun without UV protection is bad for the eyes. While most people protect their skin from the sun, some don’t realize they need to protect their vision too. To protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, getting a pair of prescription sunglasses is important.
At Murata Eyecare Optometry, we get to know your individual style and unique needs to develop a pair of sunglasses made just for you. Our eyecare team will help you customize your sunglasses to fit your needs and lifestyle. If you have questions about our line of eyewear or need help booking an eye exam, call us at (805) 522-7007.